This recipe was created by Cape Grim Beef – it is healthy, simple, fresh, delicious and perfect for a light summer meal. Let us know how your version turns out on our Facebook page or our VIP Facebook Group!
Ingredients – Serves 4
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 red capsicum, quartered lengthwise
- 3 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 400g orange sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 eye fillet steaks
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⅓ cup basil leaves, shredded
- Preheat a barbecue grill on high heat. Lightly spray the capsicum, zucchini and sweet potato with oil.
- Cook capsicum skin side down on grill for 15 minutes or until charred. At the same time, cook zucchini and sweet potato for 7 to 8 minutes or until golden and tender. Place capsicum in a snap-lock bag. Seal bag and stand for 5 minutes. Peel and discard charred skin. Cut capsicum flesh into strips. Put vegetables aside on a plate. Cover loosely with foil.
- Spray both sides of steaks with oil. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Cook for 3 minutes each side (for medium) or until cooked to your liking. Put on a plate, cover with foil and stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine vinegar, oil and salt and pepper in a jug.
- Slice steak across the grain. Put vegetables on plates, top with steak, sprinkle with basil and drizzle with oil mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Always rest beef after cooking, as this allows the meat juices to redistribute (which provides a more moist and tender result).
- Best beef steaks for barbecuing: fillet/tenderloin, rib eye/scotch fillet, sirloin/porterhouse/New York, T-bone, rump, round, blade and oyster blade.
- Ensure the barbecue is hot before you cook. Your steaks should sizzle when they make contact.
See also: our grass fed beef range.