Preparation: 10 minutes | Cooking: 30 minutes | Serves: 4
This easy and tasty sausage and penne pasta bake is perfect for eating on busy weekday nights – it is likely to become a family favourite. This recipe was created by Australian Pork, where you can find a range of recipes, nutritional information and how-tos.
- 4 thick Italian pork sausages
- 500ml tomato & basil pasta sauce
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- ½ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 350g cooked penne pasta
- Garlic bread
- Baby basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Heat the frying pan over medium heat and cook sausages well on all sides for 6-8 minutes. Remove sausages from heat and allow to cool slightly. Slice into thick, diagonal slices.
- Using the same pan, fry the garlic and onion together until soft. Add the pasta sauce, sliced sausages and the penne pasta.
- Spoon the pasta mixture into a greased baking dish and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Place the baking dish into the preheated oven for 20 minutes until cheese is golden and brown.
- Serve hot with shaved Parmesan, basil leaves and sliced crusty garlic bread.
- Want your kids to eat more veggies? You can easily add extra veggies like grated pumpkin, carrot and zucchini to this dish.